Attractions in Tver

Tver Kremlin

The local Kremlin is usually the first sight to see for the newcomers. The oldest part of the town is situated at the confluence of the Tmaka and Volga rivers. This is where the Tver Kremlin dominated the surrounding area in the olden times. Unfortunately, time has not spared its buildings. Remains of a ground wall, a timber wall and fortifications can be seen in the Tver midtown. If you look at them you can feel the old grandeur.

tverskreg_0101 1(806) 7baRu_tv4_1311610 000055

White Trinity Temple

White Trinity Temple in Zatmache, recently renamed Trinity Cathedral, built in 1564 and has since been repeatedly reconstructed, is the oldest surviving stone buildings Tver, it is subordinate to the ruling bishop. Ascension Cathedral, built in the 1750s, is located in the historic center of the city on Tverskaya Avenue and has the status of episcopal monastery.

21522933 5cc335f57196 belaja-troica 108_0007341b cityscape-302

Preserved Assumption Cathedral 18th century pre-existing Otroch monastery is in Trans-Volga district, near the mouth of Tvertsa river. Resurrection Cathedral was built in 1912-1913, marking the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty and in the 1990s, after the return of the church received the status of the cathedral and is directly subordinate to the ruling bishop. Not far from the cathedral is the Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ and the monastery, built in 1810s.

рис 341-1 151 83

Travel Palace

Tver Imperial Palace (Travel Palace) - an outstanding monument of Russian architecture. Built for Catherine II in 1763-1778 under the project of the great Russian city planner P.R.Nikitin for more than two centuries it repeatedly changed its appearance, reflecting the styles and tastes of the eras. Currently, the palace is travel Regional Art Gallery, Historical and Architectural Museum.

1149 1081171 devyat-millionov-potratit-tverskoe-pravitelstvo-na-vitriny-dlya-putevogo-dvorca-10922 pytevoilvorez 41d477981100c1379429 0_c4758_91f5e354_orig

City garden

The main city park, which is located in the city center, on the picturesque right bank of the Volga River. Planting trees in this place began in XVIII century. At this time, the construction of the track was over the palace, around which began to plant a garden. The main decoration of the Green Zone has become a lime avenue, flanked on all sides by flower beds. On the territory of the garden is a children's amusement park, a pop scene and several cafes. There are often a variety of city festivals and events.

95013

gallery_promo21100771 gorsad-tveri-ravnyaetsya-na-petergof-8648 maxresdefault xju7UeM4C-8