The museum - diorama "The Battle of Kursk. Belgorod direction "- is the most visited museum of Belgorod. Dedicated to the Prokhorovka tank battle. The construction of the museum building began in December 1984, ended in November 1985, art work to create canvas and substantive plan of dioramas lasted more than year. Grand opening took place in August 4, 1987
Belgorod State Art Museum - opened July 26, 1983. On 27 November 2007 museum located in the Art Nouveau style building. The museum has about 3700 exhibits of painting, graphics, sculpture, arts and crafts and iconography. Presented mainly Soviet art of the XX century.
You can also visit Belgorod State historical museum - one of the oldest institutions of the field of culture; Belgorod Museum of Folk Culture - one of the youngest museums in the Belgorod region, created with the purpose of study, research and acquisition of objects of folk culture of the region and exhibitions of universities of Belgorod.
Churches and Cathedrals
In Belgorod there are many temples, churches and cathedrals but one of the major attractions is Marfo-Mariinsky Convent - the current Orthodox monastery. On its territory is the oldest surviving temples of Belgorod, which was accepted as an architectural monument and is protected by government.
Smolensky Cathedral - a temple built in 1727 in honor of what happened in 1703, the signs of the Smolensk Icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary. During World War II the Cathedral was badly damaged by artillery fire. After the war, in 1958 and 1974, attempts were made to blow up the cathedral. In the 1980s the building was restored under the Organ Hall. In 1991 the temple was returned to believers.
The Ioasafovsky Cathedral is a monument of architecture, which united the features of early and late classicism. Currently, there are two thrones in the cathedral (which is not usual for the traditional Orthodox church) head - in the name of St. Nicholas, South chapel - in the name of St. Joasaph Belgorod.